The Pu La Deshpande Garden of Pune also called the Pune-Okayama Friendship Park, will literally wipe away your tears of noise, chaos and the traffic of the city. Named after the well known Marathi writer, Pu La Deshpande, this place is a must-visit for kids, youngsters as well as the senior citizens.
Below 6 Facts will definitely make Pu La Deshpande Garden of Pune, a must-visit place.
You can also check out my post on 10 Best Gardens in Pune City here
Inspired by the Japanese Garden
- The Pu La Deshpande garden of Pune is inspired by a 300-year-old Japanese Garden developed in Okayama, Japan.
- Moreover, it stands as a sign of friendship and cultural exchange between the two cities Pune and Okayama
Natural Canal at Pu La Despande Garden of Pune
- The garden is spread across 10 acres and has natural water flow from the canal which has been carefully channelized throughout the park.
- The canal is full of colourful fishes. They are visible as you stroll across the small bridge in the centre of the garden.
- Pu La Deshpande Garden has stunning landscapes combined together to make the most enchanting place in the city.
- As you go farther you encounter more and more impressive panoramas which give a soothing experience
Clam your senses
- The garden is based on the yin-yang philosophy.
- Its design soothes and calms your senses
- It has a perfect combination of Water and Fire, Cold and Warm, Stillness and Motion, Soft Mud and Hard Rocks.
Rejuvenate Spiritually at Pu La Despande Garden of Pune
- As a person strolls, he can enjoy the wide Lawns, Ponds, Artificial hills and Forest, all the while listening to the murmur of meandering stream.
- This design brings you closer to nature, revitalize your senses and rejuvenate them spiritually.
Best kept place by PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation)
- The Pu La Deshpande Garden of Pune is the best-kept place by the PMC.
- It ranks among the topmost attractions in the city.
Check out my post on 10 Best Gardens in Pune City here