1. The right to have www.shepherdtraveller.com permanently delete any of your personal data.
2. The right to review any personal data that we’ve collected from you.
3. The right to voluntarily and affirmatively “opt-in” to any newsletters, emails, or marketing materials sent to you by www.shepherdtraveller.com.
4. The right to receive a copy of your personal data.
5. The right to have control and access over your personal data.
6. The right to have your personal data protected, transferred and stored in compliance with GDPR’s data protection requirements.
7. The right to have your personal data automatically destroyed after it is no longer being actively used by www.shepherdtraveller.com.
8. The right to only receive communications from www.shepherdtraveller.com pursuant to a “Lawful Basis” under GDPR. The two most common Lawful Bases pursuant to which you may receive www.shepherdtraveller.com communications are: (i) that you requested, subscribed or affirmatively consented to the receipt of the communications, and (ii) the communications are necessary for www.shepherdtraveller.com’s “legitimate interests” that are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
9. The right to have www.shepherdtraveller.com appoint a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to manage www.shepherdtraveller.com‘s compliance with GDPR and to respond within 72 hours to any inquiries, complaints, or requests that you make regarding your personal data. At any time, you may contact our DPO through the contact form.
10. As required by GDPR, our authorized subscribers have affirmatively and voluntarily “opted in” pursuant to GDPR requirements to receive newsletters, emails, and marketing communications from www.shepherdtraveller.com. If you believe that you did not opt-in to receive these communications from IPL, please contact our DPO as soon as possible.
We will arrange for you to either affirmatively opt-in or not receive any further communications from us. Additionally, all of our newsletters, emails to subscribers, and other related communications contain an opt-out (unsubscribe) button at the bottom. At any time, you may unsubscribe from all communications you receive from www.shepherdtraveller.com by clicking on the button.
We take your personal data and privacy seriously. If you have any questions regarding your rights, your personal data, or our obligations, please contact our Data Protection Officer through Contact us Page.
Your rights under GDPR are further described below in Section 11. Some of your rights described in this policy may be subject to certain rights of www.shepherdtraveller.com such as legal, accounting, and archiving requirements.
For more details regarding your rights and www.shepherdtraveller.com‘s obligations under GDPR, this Wikipedia article offers a good summary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation.
Detailed information regarding GDPR and related legislation and directives, may be viewed at the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-protection-eu_en.
Pune – 411030
2. The Information We Collect About You.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our website, our servers automatically collect certain browser or device generated information, which may in some cases constitute personal data, including but not limited to:
- your domain;
- your IP address;
- your date, time and duration of your visit;
- your browser type;
- your operating system;
- your page visits;
- information from third parties;
- other information about your computer or device;
- Internet traffic.
Information You Provide
- by subscribing to newsletters or other communications;
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details;
- by filling in forms (for example, a ‘Contact us’ form) on our website or at a trade show or anywhere else we conduct business;
- by submitting questions or comments to us or requesting any other information from us.
Typically, the personal data you give us may include name, business affiliation, business address, and email address, and any personal details required to resolve any inquiries or complaints.
Personal data may also be required to enter into an agreement with you or to perform an agreement with you (such as to provide services at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products.
The personal data you submit to us through our email sign-ups on our website is stored and processed in compliance with GDPR.
Our website may change what third-party data processors it uses. We will perform due diligence on any new processors that it uses, and make sure that they meet the highest quality of privacy and security standards, including GDPR.
Information From Other Sources
We may receive information about you from any other services we provide.
3. Use of Personal Data.
The following is an overview of our purposes for using your personal data. Additional details on how we process your personal data may be provided to you in a separate notice or agreement.
All processing and use of your personal data are justified by a “condition” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have consented to the processing;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests that are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights; our legitimate interests are to use user data to conduct and develop our communications with them and with others while limiting the use of their personal data to purposes that support the conduct and development of our communication;
- the processing is necessary to perform an agreement with you or take steps to enter into an agreement at your request, such as to fulfil an order, or to provide product information you have requested; or
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation, such as keeping accounting, legal, and archival records;
We use the personal data we collect to
- engage with you about events, promotions and the website;
- provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested or which we believe you would be interested in;
- correspond with you for any information you may need;
- send you marketing communications, where it is lawful for us to do so;
- protect and ensure the safety of the website;
- manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our agreements or laws or regulations;
- Share your personal data with third parties in connection with the potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, in which case personal data held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets;
We will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data.
We will share personal data with its appointed third-party service providers (who will operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information, products or services to you, in conducting and managing our website. We may share your personal data with these affiliates and third parties to perform services that the third parties have been engaged by us to perform on our behalf, subject to appropriate contractual restrictions and security measures, or if we believe it is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or loss, or if we believe that the disclosure will further an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities.
We are also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If your personal data is transferred outside the EU to www.shepherdtraveller.com or its third-party service providers, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EU, including by assuring that www.shepherdtraveller.com and its service providers have entered into data transfer agreements using the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU – US Privacy Shield. For transfers of personal data among www.shepherdtraveller.com and its service providers, we will make sure that the service providers have in place European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses. The country to which your personal data is transferred is set forth here: India. Be advised that upon information and belief, that India has not currently received a decision of the European Commission determining that its laws provide adequate protection to personal data. You have a right to obtain details of the mechanism under which your personal data is transferred outside of the EU by contacting through the Contact Form.
Www.shepherdtraveller.com reserves the right to share any information that you provide which is not deemed personal data or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions.
The website is not for use by children under the age of 16 years and www.shepherdtraveller.com does not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal data of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any personal data, even if prompted by the website to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years and you have provided personal data, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify IPL and IPL will delete all such personal data.
6. Marketing emails.
Where lawful to do so, and subject to your consent where required, we may communicate with you by email to tell you about our products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in our emails, or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending you communications.
We aim to safeguard and protect your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, and we utilize and maintain certain reasonable processes, systems, and technologies to do so. However, you acknowledge that no transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free and that these processes, systems, and technologies utilized and maintained by www.shepherdtraveller.com are subject to compromise. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
8. Retention of Your Personal Data.
We apply a general rule of keeping personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. In general, we retain your personal data for a period of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, for example, to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us.
However, in some circumstances, we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
9. External Links.
The website may contain links to third-party sites. Since www.shepherdtraveller.com does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites. This policy applies solely to personal data collected by our website or in the course of our business activities.
10. Your Rights.
Under applicable law, you may have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
For further information regarding your data privacy rights under GDPR, please see the following link: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
Your California Privacy Rights.
For California residents only. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties for their use in marketing to you. Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use.
11. Dispute Resolution and Other Legal Matters
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law and www.shepherdtraveller.com is subject to the jurisdiction of such supervisory authority.
Individuals with questions or concerns about the use of their personal data should contact us using our contact form and identify the company or other organization with whom they are affiliated or for whom their data was collected if the collection was for a www.shepherdtraveller.com user.
12. Changes to this Policy
Any changes or updates we may make to this policy will be posted on this page. For changes, please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.